Thursday, July 4, 2013

Ladies cocktail night!



Every so often, my Williamson gals like to gather for a ladies night sleepover. These nights usually entail lots of great food, wine and laughs...it's a ton of fun and a great chance for sisters, aunts, cousins, nieces, mom's, etc. to get together. Occasionally there's some wii dance games and charades...I know, CRAZY business.

So last weekend we had a girls night, and as per usual, I was tasked with bringing an appetizer. For most family parties, I usually bring an appetizer. You know how that goes....you get bored bringing the same thing to every occasion. Also per usual, I was running late... Deli and I had run a million errands that day and by the time we got home from grocery shopping, I had an hour to put away a car full of groceries and Home Goods finds as well as make an appetizer. Knowing I wouldn't have a lot of time, I had bought a few packages of naan bread and was able to throw together a quick pizza/bruschetta that was yummy, fresh and fast. I even had enough time to make sangria...hello ladies night!

Note: I was seriously running late so my pics are sucky...sorry!

Naan bruschetta
3 pkg whole wheat naan bread (2 rounds per package)
2 cups cherry tomatoes (I'm obsessed with the packages of mixed mini tomatoes, so I used that)

1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 400. Spread the naan breads on 2 cookie sheets. Mix the tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper in a med bowl. 


Divide the mixture amongst the naan breads and spread out. 


Top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on each. 


Bake for 10 minutes. Slice into wedges and enjoy!

Sangria
2 bottles red wine (Syrah or Rioja)
2 quart container of lemonade (I like newmans own)
3/4 cup brandy
1 lime, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
1 orange, sliced
1 apple, sliced
Seltzer

Mix wine, lemonade and brandy in a large pitcher/container. Toss in all of the sliced fruit (pitted cherries, peaches, plums would also be really good). Let sit for at least and hour. Pour over ice in a glass 3/4 full and top with seltzer.























No comments:

Post a Comment